KERRY ROBERTS BASKETBALL
GENERAL INFORMATION FOR BOYS & GIRLS – 3rd THRU 6th GRADE LEAGUES
• Teams generally consist of 10 to 12 players (min. 8)
o Sign-up can be individually or as part of a pre-formed team
o All teams are grade based, not age based
o Every player who pays the registration fee by the deadline will be placed on a team, provided enough volunteer coaches are secured
• Winter season runs December 3, 2016 through February 25, 2017.
o Games are played on Saturdays primarily at Bonner Springs School District Facilities
o All 3rd through 6th grade teams participate in postseason tournaments during the last two or three weekends of the season.
• All leagues will play at a 10’ goal height and will play 2 – 20 minute halves
• Teams play 10 to 11 games (preseason, regular season, postseason). Games cancelled due to weather
or other reasons that make the gyms unavailable will not be rescheduled.
• All players signing up individually will be provided team T-Shirts as part of their registration fee. If a team needs T-Shirts there will be a $7 fee/player added to the team fee.
• Teams of comparable skill levels are grouped in the same divisions as much as possible
• Teams may select level of play: Select A (competitive levels) or B (Recreational Levels). The final decision on team placement will be made by the League Committee
• The fee for residents of USD 204 School District (Bonner Springs/Edwardsville) is $75 per individual sign-up or $600 per team sign-up. Practice time is included as part of the fee.
• The fee for players outside the Bonner Springs/Edwardsville District is also $75 per individual sign-up or $600
per team sign-up.
o Teams from outside the school district are expected to get their own practice time. Under special
circumstances and gym availability, outside teams may be provided limited practice times.
• Assistance to those individuals with a financial hardship may be available upon request.
• ADMISSION FEES (Except the Championship Night) will be $2 for all spectators age 12 and older.