KERRY ROBERTS BASKETBALL
GENERAL INFORMATION FOR BOYS & GIRLS – 3rd THRU 6th GRADE LEAGUES
• Teams generally consist of 10 to 12 players (min. 8)
o Sign-up can be individually or as part of a pre-formed team
o All teams are grade based, not age based
o Every player who pays the registration fee by the deadline will be placed on a team, provided enough volunteer coaches are secured
• Winter season runs December 3, 2016 through February 25, 2017.
o Games are played on Saturdays primarily at Bonner Springs School District Facilities
o All 3rd through 6th grade teams participate in postseason tournaments during the last two weekends of the
• All leagues will play at a 10’ goal height and will play 2 – 20 minute halves
• Teams play 10 to 11 games (preseason, regular season, postseason)
• All players signing up individually will be provided team T-Shirts as part of their registration fee. If a team needs T-Shirts there will be a $7 fee/player added to the team fee.
• Teams of comparable skill levels are grouped in the same divisions as much as possible
• Teams may select level of play: Select A (competitive levels) or B (Recreational Levels). The final decision on team placement will be made by the League Committee
• The fee for residents of USD 204 School District (Bonner Springs/Edwardsville) is $75 per individual sign-up or $600 per team sign-up. Practice time is included as part of the fee.
• The fee for players outside the Bonner Springs/Edwardsville District is also $75 per individual sign-up or $600
per team sign-up.
o Teams from outside the school district are expected to get their own practice time. Under special
circumstances and gym availability, outside teams may be provided limited practice times.
• Assistance to those individuals with a financial hardship may be available upon request.
• ADMISSION FEES (Except the Championship Night) will be $2 for all spectators age 12 and older.
KERRY ROBERTS BASKETBALL
NEW **SPECIAL NOTICE** NEW
INSTRUCTIONAL BASKETBALL LEAGUE
The Bonner Springs Optimists are introducing a new instructional basketball league for boys and girls in Kindergarten through 3rd Grade. The league will start on October 29th, 2016 and go for four weeks to November 19th, 2016. Practices will be available one day a week starting two weeks before the first game.
The cost of the program is $40 per player, which includes all expenses and a T-Shirt. Players can sign up as individuals and will be placed on a team, or they can sign up as a team and if necessary the coaches can fill out their roster with individual signups.
Players will use a 27’’ ball and shoot on 8.5’ goals. All players will play at least two quarters per game. This being an instructional league the emphasis is on fundamentals and sportsmanship.
This league is in addition to the Kerry Roberts Basketball League for 3rd through 6th graders and starts on Dec. 3rd, 2016.
Click to Select